- A New Orleans native.
- Started his musical career in a junior jazz band at Tony Almerico’s Parisian Room on Royal street in the French Quarter.
- At eighteen led the Basin Street Six with fellow band member Pete Fountain on Bourbon Street,
- Worked with the legendary bands of Pete Fountain, Billy Maxted, and Santo Pecora.
- Performed in the last band led by the legendary trombonist Jack Teagarden in New Orleans where Teagarden played his last engagement before his death.
- Led his own band at the Blue Angel nightclub on Bourbon Street.
- Bandleader on the Delta Queen Steamboat.
- Tours the states performing at jazz festivals